Importing Amarok statistics into Clementine
Recently, I switched from Amarok to Clementine for my daily music needs. Clementine is basically a port of the old Amarok 1.4 to Qt4 with some fancy features added. However, my old Amarok database is full of playcounts, scores and ratings for my music, so I wrote this little shell script to import it into Clementine’s SQLite database: https://github.com/saschpe/amarok2clementine
It updates (i.e. overwrites) both scores and ratings and adds your old (Amarok) playcounts to the playcounts in Clementine. Note that it is not particularly fast as it uses neither MySQL’s nor SQLite’s C/C++ library interface but the respective command line tools instead. In case anything goes wrong, you will find a backup of your Clementine database in /tmp/clementine.db.backup. Enjoy!